Palacio De Nerva, new IML headquarters
Exactly a century had to pass before the Palacio de Nerva reopened its doors under the Instituto Médico Láser banner and renovation. It was rescued from oblivion to be converted into a modern medical-aesthetic treatment clinic. This building is an outstanding example of late 19th and early 20th century Madrid architecture. The Widowed Marchioness de la Oliva y Nerva commissioned the architect Valentin Roca y Carbonell (1863 – 1937) to build it. This small palace just managed to survive the renovation spree that ruined similar buildings in the Paseo de la Castellana area. Its construction was finalized in 1906 and at the time the address was number 17 of Paseo del Obelisco, one of the main arteries leading to the outskirts and which marked the Madrid city limits at the time.